Sunday, May 18, 2008

Marmalade Pantry

C says:

I can’t believe we’ve never written about the tai-tai institution, Marmalade Pantry. We’ve been to the original Palais Renaissance one a couple of times, I’ve tried the one at Hitachi Tower (bad service on a weekday lunchtime!), and today we went to the newest outlet at Holland Village for brunch.

We were there at about 11-ish, so it was a little too early for proper food. A predictably had the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, and I decided on a field mushroom and emmental cheese omelette.



The food wasn’t bad, but nothing to really blow you away. My omelette was suitably runny in the centre, but I would’ve like a stronger hit of emmental cheese. Portions were also quite small, although I do recall that the lunch main course items are more substantial. I guess they take the view that brunch is just the beginning of a lazy day of eating, but don’t order the brunch items if you’re ravenous because you won’t really be satisfied.

A says:

Food’s okay but really not worth the price. The atmosphere is really nice so I’d recommend this place for catching up with friends over a snack rather than for a proper meal. And the music they play is awesome.

Marmalade Pantry
17D Lorong Liput
(Holland Village, next to Aburiya)
Tel: 6469-8016

No comments: