Saturday, November 17, 2007

Not Liu San again!

C says:

Yes! Finally! Success!! We made a point to come here at lunchtime today, and I finally was able to try the elusive oyster mee sua.


The verdict? It was worth a try, but it didn’t quite live up to expectations. Instead of a clear broth, which is how I’m used to eating my mee sua soups, the soup was slightly thick and starchy. It was full of flavour though, and very generous with the ingredients – lots of oysters, bean sprouts and shredded chicken. I’m glad I managed to try it, but I don’t think I’ll have it again.


A also tried something new today – he had their version of Zha Jiang noodles, which is a bean paste-based sauce. While the zha jiang mian in most commercial noodle houses are almost all just plain sauce with noodles, the version here is again very good value for money. Lots of vegetables, cubes of taukwa and substantial portions of minced pork.

Looks like everything here ranges from not bad to very good. I’ve yet to be disappointed with anything here.

A says:

Good food. Good service.

Liu San
No. 1 Jalan Anak Bukit
#01-09 Bukit Timah Plaza
Tel: 6463-1833
Closed Mon and Tues. Wed to Sun – 11 am to 8.30 pm (or thereabouts)

No comments: