Thursday, October 04, 2012

Paul again


C says:

When we went back to Paul Bakery again for lunch on a Saturday, it was considerably more crowded. Luckily most of the people in the sizeable queue were in larger groups so we managed to breeze past the queue to a table for 2.


The menu has been updated slightly, with a few new additions like the smoked salmon tartine that A ordered. The bread was a little too hard, and the celery dice in the mayo kinda threw me off. I preferred the smoked chicken tartine I had the last time.


I ordered the rosti with mushrooms, which was very good - juicy garlicky mushrooms on a crisp potato pancake. I fancy they do their hot dishes better than their cold ones.


I planned to order the mille feuille that eluded me the first time, but then I saw the strawberry eclair. Wow. That had my name written all over it, and it didn't disappoint. Softly whipped pastry cream, fresh strawberries and a light choux pastry. Divine.


A had the waffle with chocolate sauce and chantilly cream. A bit ordinary. The waffle was super light and fluffy, but we've had better ones. Like the one at L'Entrecote.

Desserts here are fabulous; mains, a little more touch and go. I reckon it's a great place for ladies who lunch. Sigh.

A says:

It’s my kind of menu. Lots of smoked salmon and desserts. The quality is decent, but not really spectacular. Surprisingly, C’s rosti was the best thing we had. I’ll probably be back if I’m in the area.

Paul Bakery
391A Orchard Road
#03-16/16A/17, Ngee Ann City Tower A
Tel: 6836-5932
Open daily: 10 am – 11 pm (last order 9.45 pm)


No comments: