Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Dean & Deluca


C says:

To be honest, apart from its association with Felicity, Dean & Deluca has never really been in my consciousness. It's not a place that we actively seek out whenever we travel, so it was with fairly muted enthusiasm that we welcomed the news that they were opening in Singapore.

We avoided the massive crowds in the first few weeks of their opening, and only made our way one weekday on a day off. The space in Orchard Central is quite inviting, but was also a lot smaller than I expected.

The menu is fairly limited, with salads, sandwiches, wraps and the usual all day breakfast suspects. I was a little annoyed that they listed a few soups on the main menu board, but don't actually offer all of them. 


So instead of the clam chowder I wanted, I had their burger instead. This was a pretty good burger - juicy flavourful patty, truffle aioli and a nice soft brioche-like bun.


A had the smoked salmon sesame bagel with scrambled eggs. This was similar to the version at Wild Honey, but somehow he preferred the latter.

They have a really nice grocery section that just screams "Christmas gift baskets", so I'll definitely make this a stop during Christmas shopping. As for the food, I'm not sure if what we tried really screams "come back".

A says:

The crowd’s a bit posery but the food’s pretty good. I’d eat here if I was picking up some gourmet groceries, but I wouldn’t queue up or make a special trip down.

Dean & Deluca
181 Orchard Road
#04-23/24 Orchard Central
6509-7708


No comments: