Friday, August 03, 2007

Yamakawa Super

C says:

Another reason that we were at Central today was to check out this new store, that I’d read about in Urban. It’s a Japanese snack/confectionary store in the basement of Central, selling all sorts of funky Japanese goodies. Imagine the snack sections in Isetan Supermarket or Meidi-Ya, multiply that ten-fold, and you’ll get an idea of what this store is like.

I made the mistake of going there on an empty stomach before dinner. Check out the stash that I ended up with:


Some of the more interesting things that I bought are: sweet potato McVities digestives, a Takopachi (octopus ball) shaped and flavoured corn snack, White wine and Muscat tea, and Brandy and Orange KitKat. There are loads of other funky things as well, like yuzu-flavoured Hi-Chew candy, Tahitian Vanilla Pocky, Mentaiko (cod roe) Pretz and lime-flavoured After Eights.

Prices aren’t ridiculous either. They’re probably along the lines of what you’d pay at Isetan or Meidi-Ya, and there’s loads more choice here. They only take cash at the moment though, so be prepared if you’re going to go crazy like I did.

A says:

I’m not much of a snacker but there’s a small toy section where I’ll be getting a Naruto headband on my next visit. It is my dream to be the Hidden Leaf village’s next Hokage!

Yamakawa Super
Central
6 Eu Tong Sen Street
#B1-28B
Tel: 6534-9518
Open daily: 11 am to 10 pm

No comments: