Friday, February 17, 2012

Room Coffee Bar


C says:

Sorry for the silence! For those of you who didn't see our Facebook update, we’ve been away in Japan. We're still working on our holiday post, but in the meantime we thought we'd better come out of hiding, lest our fans think we've disappeared for good.

Room is one of the few Western establishments at ARC (Alexandra Retail Centre), which I reckon allows them to charge slightly higher prices than I would expect for the food that they offer.


A's smoked duck sandwich was quite a tiny portion for $15, and though it was pretty tasty, it was more of a cheese and caramelized onion sandwich than a smoked duck one.


I had the spaghetti bolognaise - a more decent sized portion for $15 as well, and it was good in an old school way. I would've preferred the sauce to be less watery though. It didn't really coat the pasta and I had to scoop up the sauce separately.

Bottom line - the coffee's pretty good, and the food is quite tasty but a bit overpriced for what you get.

A says:

Very good, but honestly, I think the food’s rather expensive given the location and setting. It is the best thing in the building though, so if you have to eat around there, that would be my recommendation.

Room Coffee Bar
460 Alexandra Road
#01-18 Alexandra Retail Centre
Tel: 6438-4230
Mon – Fri: 8 am to 8 pm
Sat – Sun: 10 am to 7 pm





No comments: