Saturday, August 06, 2011

Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant

C says:

Steamboat is not exactly typical atetoomuch fare, mainly because A doesn’t quite like it, or rather doesn’t fancy cooking his own food. Still, I had some vouchers that I needed to use, and was pretty impressed with the food when I came here with the girls a few weeks back. So I dragged a slightly apprehensive A here on Saturday for lunch.



We had the pork bone soup, and quite a meat overload – short rib beef, kurobuta pork belly, beef tongue and luncheon meat. We also ordered some assorted mushrooms and spinach, just to be remotely healthy.


The quality of the meat here is very good, and I found the pork belly to be better than the beef, and at almost a third of the price, definitely much better value. The luncheon meat was good too, but then again I do have a weakness for it.

I also like the huge array of condiments that they present to you at the start, for you to concoct your own preferred blend of dipping sauce.

I adore steamboat, especially the soup after it’s been flavoured by all the ingredients cooking in it. I know it still isn’t A’s cup of tea, but I’m hoping today’s lunch has convinced him that it’s not all that bad, and that we can come back for more.

A says:

The food and service here are excellent. And that’s considering I usually don’t like steamboat. But then you also have to consider that this place is very expensive compared to your regular steamboat joints. So if I have to eat steamboat, this would probably be the place to do it.

Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant
#01-21 to 23, TripleOne Somerset
Tel: 6732-8231
Mon - Sat: 11.30am to 3pm / 6.30pm to 11pm
Sun: 11am to 3pm / 6pm to 11pm

No comments: