Sunday, July 11, 2010

Billy Bomber’s

C says:

Again, we only found ourselves at the Billy Bombers at Jurong Point because A’s folks had a voucher for a $1 party platter that they were keen to use. Talk about a blast from the past… We went without any expectations, and decided to order fairly ‘safe’ offerings.

I ordered a dinner set that came with the soup of the day (mushroom), half rack of ribs and a soft drink (which I upgraded to a chocolate milkshake for A). The mushroom soup boded quite well – it didn’t taste like canned soup so I thought we were off to a fairly ok start.


We were given a selection of sauces for the ribs – original, apricot and whiskey. I decided to play it safe and went with original. I also don’t like my meats slathered in gravy, so I asked for the sauce to be served on the side. I found the ribs a bit overcooked; they fell off the bone fairly easily but were quite tough to chew and pretty dry.


A ordered a basic burger and added cheese, bacon and a fried egg. To give them credit, they asked him how he wanted his burger done, which again boded well, but in reality it was quite so-so.

We only ordered 2 set dinners and one main course for 4 of us, because we shared the $1 platter amongst ourselves. The bill came up to just under $100, which to be fair isn’t very high, but at the same time I think we can get cheaper, and better food, elsewhere.

A says:

The only reason to come here is to have milkshake.
And my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
Damn straight, it’s better than yours.

C says:

I disclaim all responsibility for A’s posts.

Billy Bombers
1 Jurong West Central 2
#02-20E Jurong Point
Tel: 6795-7690
Open daily: 11 am to 10 pm

1 comment:

Carmina said...

A great addition to my collection. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try this especially for my family.