Monday, November 09, 2009

Once Upon A Milkshake

C says:

This newly opened ice cream and milkshake joint is in the same building as Osvaldo. After our slightly disappointing dinner, we hoped that a little ice cream / milkshake would raise our spirits a little.

This did the trick – I love that you can order small portions without being sniffed at derisively. I had a single scoop of the maple syrup ice cream with crunchy maple cereal, which was a tad sweet but I really liked the aroma of the maple syrup.


The milkshakes here come in two sizes – a regular 360 ml one, or a mini 210 ml one. I think the 210 ml one is brilliant, because it’s just enough to satisfy a craving, without being too calorie-laden. A had a mini chocolate truffle milkshake, and while part of him felt that it wasn’t enough, any more would have been diminishing returns.

Prices are very reasonable, with a single scoop at just $2.80, a mini milkshake for $3.30 and a regular for $5.50. My one grouse is that they don’t serve coffee here. I’m not sure that they can sustain just selling ice cream and milkshakes without other beverages. In my opinion, coffee/tea would widen their clientele just that much more.

A says:

I’m a fan. I hope they do well.

A word of advice. Add coffee to the menu.

Once Upon A Milkshake
32 Maxwell Road
#01-08 Maxwell Chambers
Tel: 9823-3779
Open daily: 11 am – 11 pm
www.onceuponamilkshake.com.sg

No comments: