Friday, November 09, 2007

Liu San again

C says:

We came here for a quick dinner on Friday night. I wanted to try the Oyster Mee Sua but once again it was sold out (I’m going to keep coming here until I get to have it). I tried the Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup instead, which was nothing like what I expected. I thought it would be a fairly light broth with slices of beef, much like a pho, but instead it was a robust, slight herby broth with generous chunks of tender beef shin.


A had the Braised Beef Rice again, only this time we remembered to ask them to hold the coriander. This made the dish absolutely perfect. I could seriously get addicted to this stuff, if I weren’t on a quest to try the damn Oyster Mee Sua.


We also ordered the not very helpfully described ‘Pork Belly with Sauce’ as a side dish, which turned out to be wafer-thin slices of chilled pork belly, drizzled with a tart sesame oil-infused dressing. This was really good – a much better side dish than the slightly overpowering drunken chicken.

I really do like this place – nothing here has disappointed so far. Now, if I could just get my hands on the Oyster Mee Sua…

A says:

I like the good food in nice small-ish portions. Means I have space for a chocolate milkshake at Wishbone after.

Liu San
No. 1 Jalan Anak Bukit
#01-09 Bukit Timah Plaza
Tel: 6463-1833
Closed Mon and Tues.
Wed to Sun – 11 am to 8.30 pm (or thereabouts)

No comments: