Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pancakes

C says:

I had some leftover buttermilk after baking on Saturday (cake was a failure so let's not talk about it...) so instead of leaving it in the fridge until after the expiry date, I decided to make buttermilk pancakes on Sunday, following the recipe on the carton. Since we were having them for lunch, we needed something savoury to go with the pancakes so we went to The Butcher for some pork sausages. Grilled them in the oven while making the pancakes. The sausages were great - I'm definitely going to slowly make my way through the rest of The Butcher's extensive array of sausages. As for the pancakes, think they turned out ok but I'll leave A to tell you about them.

A says:

I actually thought C’s marble cake was not bad. Am having a slice for breakfast for as long as it keeps. Being a spoilt semi-Malaysian goblin princess, she’ll just throw away food that’s not up to her high standard. Even when it’s perfectly edible. Her tendency to keep good food till it’s gone off is another thing, but I’ll save that rant for another time. She don’t know what it be like to go hungry. She don’t know what it’s like on the streetz…

But I digress and I digest. The pigs in a blanket were really good. As good as IHOP or better. Way better than Mac’s.

No comments: