Sunday, September 23, 2012

Paul Bakery


C says:

I'd like to consider our unplanned visit to Paul as somewhat of a teaser. We were there minutes before last orders on a Sunday night, so understandably some of their signature items that we wanted to try were sold out. Still, our experience was good enough that we definitely want to return.


Tartines, crepes and potato pancakes make up most of their menu. I had the roast chicken tartine with a dollop of cream cheese - given that I'm not really one for sandwiches, this was much better than expected. The tartine was an open-faced sandwich, and the chicken was very tender and had a nice smokiness.


A had potato pancakes (a bit like a rosti patty) topped with smoked salmon, which he was very happy with. I liked that the smoked salmon wasn't excessively salty.




The Mille Feiulle I wanted was sold out so I got a strawberry tart instead that was quite nice. A's sugar crepes were very simple, and very good because of it.

To be honest, I don't know how packed this place is on weekend mornings/brunch, but if it's not insane I'd like to come back to try more.

A says:

Totally me. I like.

391A Orchard Road
#03-16/16A/17, Ngee Ann City Tower A
Tel: 6836-5932
Open daily: 10 am – 11 pm (last order 9.45 pm)


No comments: