Friday, November 20, 2009

Saizeriya

C says:

The good news is that Saizeriya has updated and expanded their menu. The bad news is that their best dish – the Pollock roe spaghetti – is not on the new menu.


A took the plunge and ordered the Escargots today. They came swimming in garlic, and because they used canned snails (texture was quite soft), the garlic all but overpowered any taste of snail.



I tried the mixed mushrooms, and the spinach and bacon. Both weren’t as good as the smoked duck breast or the spicy wings/drumlets so I’ll stick to those in future. Like the snails, garlic just overwhelmed the mushrooms and after a while it got way too strong for me. The spinach and bacon was ok, but they used frozen spinach so the texture was a bit mushy.


I had the spaghetti with mushrooms and meat sauce. This was an improved version of the watery bolognaise that we had here before; this wasn't outstanding but it was perfectly decent.


A had the squid ink spaghetti, which turned out a lot better than expected. They didn't skimp on the squid ink, so the flavour was actually quite intense.

I’m still disappointed that the Pollock roe spaghetti is gone. Now that we’ve moved out of the area, I don’t think we’ll make a trip to Liang Court specifically to have Saizeriya, but it was good (and cheap) while it lasted.

A says:

What a garlic OD. Good thing I love garlic.

For me, this place still wins when it comes to value-for-money. I’m a fan.

Saizeriya
177 River Valley Road
#02-22 Liang Court Shopping Centre
Tel: 6337-9001
Open daily: 10 am to 10 pm

No comments: