Friday, June 01, 2007

Chocolat N’ Spice

C says:

Another place in A’s kampong. Across the street from Amara, within Tanjong Pagar Plaza, is this nondescript muffin shop that’s a branch of the famous one from Shunfu Road. I’m not a big muffin fan, because I generally find them way too dense and filling, but the ones here are light, fluffy and almost cupcake-like. A bought a few home for me to try previously, and even after sitting in his bag for more than 5 hours, they still tasted good, so I wanted to see for myself how they tasted fresh.


Being too full from the Nana curry earlier, I only ordered a banana and walnut muffin today, which is one of their better ones. Alas, it wasn’t hot from the oven, but it was still very good. Some of their other flavours include chocolate chip, cheese, orange peel and raisin, and double chocolate. They were out of blueberry today, but that’s one flavour that I’d really like to try (hint hint, A…).

A says:

Very good when fresh out of the oven. Still decent if kept overnight. Be prepared for up to 10min long queues if you go at peak period (around lunch), but that’s also the best time to get them fresh from the oven.

Chocolat N’ Spice
Block 1, #01-18
Tanjong Pagar Plaza
Tel: 9276-2110
Mon to Fri: 8.30 am to 5 pm
Sat: 8.30 am to 3 pm
Closed Sundays and public holidays

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is closed on Monday !