Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fiesta Brasilia

C says:

While most people were probably having steamboat or traditional Chinese food for their reunion dinner, we had ours with A’s parents at a Brazilian churrascaria restaurant at United Square. It was close to (our) home, and A’s dad had managed to score a one-for-one promo that was still valid on the eve of CNY.

I must admit that we went with no expectations. I mean, who offers one-for-one promos on one of the most lucrative days of the year? I must say that we were very pleasantly surprised at both the variety and the quality of the food.

The salad bar was fairly comprehensive, offering interesting items like a tomato and heart of palm salad, and traditional Brazilian fare like feijoada. But the highlights were the meats. Quite a wide range was available – spicy wings, juicy chicken thighs, lamb, beef sirloin, spicy sausage, ribs, fish and chicken livers. By far the two best items (in my opinion) were the chicken hearts and the roasted pineapple. The hearts were tender and juicy, and the pineapple was both sweet and slightly savoury.

Highly recommended with the one-for-one promo. Without the promo, at about $50 per person, it’s still not bad, but I’m not sure if the other churrascaria joints may have slightly better cuts of meat.

A says:


Definitely worth it with the offer we had. I was very surprised by the quality of the service and the food. I even found myself having seconds of the chicken hearts.

My only complaint would be in the very open salad bar. I think they really should have a sneeze guard, especially on the side facing the entrance. I mean... ewww!

Fiesta Brasilia
#B1-15/16 United Square
Tel: 6250-0108
Mon to Fri: 3 pm to 11 pm
Sat & Sun: 11.30 am to 3 pm; 6 pm to 11 pm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the place sucks man..

the waitress cant even speak proper english...

i had once had my lunch there.. but the meat i ate like a kinda of left overs from the night i believe...

it was so hard and too dark in colour...

i swear i wont recommend such place to my friends